General gaming

General gaming


The 1UP Staff Reacts to the 3DS News

Posted: 30 Jul 2011 09:19 AM PDT

Feature

The 1UP Staff Reacts to the 3DS News
The 1UP Staff shares their reactions to the Nintendo news as well as what they would do if they were running the company.

By 1UP Staff

This week, Nintendo made quite an impact in the headlines thanks to the 30% price drop of the 3DS as well as news stating that their executives are considerable taking salary cuts. Futhermore, reports are stating that Nintendo's stock hasn't been doing well for the majority of the year as has seen a 20% loss.

The 1UP Staff takes the time to share their thoughts regarding the recent turn of events and share what they would do if they were in charge of the mighty entity known as Nintendo.

Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson - MyCheats, Senior Editor

It's a cheaper price but I'm still not sold on the system. A cheaper price doesn't fix the system's poor battery life and I just don't like 3D in my games. The DS itself is still an excellent system with a huge catalog of games I have yet to play. Most of the current 3DS catalog are sequels or remakes of classic games that many of us have played. Remakes don't make me jump on board to buy a new system, regardless how cheap it is. Once the catalog grows I'll take another look at the 3DS. For now, I'm more than happy enough with my regular DS Lite.

Play Test: Why You Should Want Xenoblade to Come to the U.S.

Posted: 30 Jul 2011 09:08 AM PDT

This may seem a bit odd to you, dear American readers, but the European release of Monolith Software's Xenoblade Chronicles is a thoroughly weird and unsettling experience for me.

Allow me to elaborate. I'm a long-time importer of American and Japanese games. Starting in the good old days of the Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis, as you American folks refer to the system), importing was always the way to go. Sometimes import games were cheaper than official releases; sometimes they came many months earlier; and most often the games I imported never made their way to Europe at all. The list is long -- at first, I imported mainly shooters like Musha Aleste, Gleylancer, and Thunder Force III. Later I took an interest in RPGs like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Final Fantasy Tactics, Lunar, and many, many more -- none of which were ever released in Europe.

Total Pageviews

statcounter

View My Stats