MMO updates

MMO updates


Blade & Soul (KR) - Closed Beta 2 participants revealed

Posted: 26 Aug 2011 05:28 AM PDT


After a short website maintenance, Blade & Soul's official Korean website stated that the participants who got into Closed beta 2 have been informed. Unfortunately, that list did not include me :( Closed beta 2 will have a total of 4 servers, with around 12,000 testers chosen. With that, the Assassin skill trailer has also be uploaded (I combined 6 demos into 1).


There will be a series of internet cafe tours in Korea as well as the game edges closer to a commercial release. Bet ya can hear my heart cracking right now...

Peach Garden Online - Unreal 3 cuteness

Posted: 25 Aug 2011 08:15 PM PDT


I recently had the chance to play this new online game for a while, but I wasn't really impressed to be honest. Developed using the Unreal 3 Engine, Peach Garden Online (direct translation) is an anime-ish turn-based MMORPG from China. There is a small backdrop of the Romance of the 3 Kingdoms in the game, as players can complete special quests and summon generals found in the novel to fight alongside you. The game also has around 20 classes (including advancements), most of which are pretty unique on the battle field.


But that were all the positives I found. I can't remember why I hated turn-based MMORPG, as i actually liked Atlantica Online, but Peach Garden Online has several features which irked me. For example, pets. Yes, you can capture only 3 pets and have on in battle with you, meaning this game is heavily dependable on party play even from the start. And the skills, even normal attack cooldowns just frustrated me.


Being a game still in the phase between Closed Beta and Open Beta (China games have tons of weird test phases), I could understand if the social features are lacking. But I couldn't really see any to be honest, other than the normal partying, trading and whispering. The game looks awesome, but the core content is somewhat of a letdown even if the armors at high levels look like a winner.


Total Pageviews

statcounter

View My Stats