MMO updates

MMO updates


Karos Online - New regional publishers

Posted: 07 Aug 2011 08:52 PM PDT


According to foreign reports, 2 new servers for Karos Online is bound to start operations soon. These will be the North America and South East Asia (SEA) servers. For the North America server, it will be published by Ignited Games (link), whose games include Wonderking Online for the same region. For the SEA server, it will be published by one of the region's biggest MMO publisher, Thailand's Winner Online (not confirmed if it is in English).


What will happen to the current Ijji (link) server? Apparently it will remain as the global server (not confirmed) despite Russia and South America having their own localized service as well. Personally having tried Karos Online, I have no idea why is there the sudden craze for the game's publishing rights. The features are as basic as a year 2000 game with nothing much to shout about. And don't boast to me about the Fletta system...

Glory Destiny Online - Cute Thrills

Posted: 07 Aug 2011 09:45 AM PDT


Glory Destiny Online is a new MMORPG by Taiwanese developer, X-Legend, which went into Open Beta back in June if I remember correctly. X-Legend is known for its other games in the English market, most notably under Aeria Games with titles such as Grand Fantasia, Eden Eternal and the recently closed Kitsu Saga.


I will like to stress this is not a review, preview or professional article in anyway, just my thoughts on the game. Perhaps one of the cutest game around, if not the cutest, Glory Destiny Online does not fail in presenting the anime-ish style game world to me. Not needing a powerful system as well in displaying the clean graphics and vibrant colors of the world, coupled with the really adorable characters and emotes. the game is an absolute eye-candy!


There are 3 races to choose from, each with 2 classes which are not gender locked. But the classes are racial locked, hence there might be some players whining over this. To the right of the character is the God Beast mode players may change into. At level 20, my change only lasts 14 seconds! Character wise, I am really glad there is an attack speed stat, where it can be increased using equipments etc. This is perhaps one of the most neglected and left out stats nowadays in online games.


The combat got me for a few minutes as I was used to selecting an enemy and pressing the skill button expecting the skill to be activated. In Glory Destiny Online, players will have to click on the skill macro (1, 2, 3 etc) and right click on the mouse to activate it, instead of selecting a target and clicking on the macro. I know there are several other games doing this, but it has been some time since I played one with similar controls... I think Legend of Edda was the same?


As you can see from the videos, the camera angle gives players a "globe" feeling when moving around, like the characters are walking on a sphere. I can't seem to locate a camera adjustment option, hence I see this as one of the flaws. Legend of Edda has this problem as well, and camera adjustment was added to the game after players' feedback. I hope Glory Destiny Online gets it too.


Some other flaws include an obvious lack of social and community features, including an auction house and party finding system. Seeing how X-Legend updates their games' content frequently, these 2 are basic features which must be added as soon as possible. I am having trouble with the first instance and there is no way I can find a party unless I join a guild. I hate typing in Traditional Chinese!


Glory Destiny Online at its early stage is a game with features found in most games, including battle pets, mounts (cash shop only), simple upgrading and socketing system and PvP arenas. Even villages can be taken over by monsters! As explained in one of the videos, some NPCs might disappear if a town or outpost is occupied by monsters, hence players will need to defeat them and the town totem as well.

Overall, Glory Destiny Online is a solid game for now, but I am still seething at the lack of community and social features. The lack of classes and advancements compared to Eden Eternal is something which is worrying as well. But still, it is an enjoyable game with minimal fuss. A few features and content updates will make this game shine even brighter! I am currently at level 20 now, I guess I will explore the game a little further~

The Weekend Journal

Posted: 07 Aug 2011 08:52 AM PDT


I just finished watching the Manchester derby for the Community Shield match... A really entertaining and heart-stopping curtain raiser before the new season begins soon! So, gamescom 2011 is coming real soon, with focus on some big titles including Firefall and TERA (which got delayed). The biggest thing I am looking forward to will be NCSoft and Carbine Studios revealing their first MMO title (link). Will this be another fairytail similar to ArenaNet's Guild Wars franchise? I can't wait!


There is nothing much going on in my personal life... Being an Otaku means staying beside the TV is my 2nd full-time job! I still do hope to visit G*Star 2011 though, but it seems chances are slim... Have a good week all!

Total Pageviews

statcounter

View My Stats