MMO updates

MMO updates


The Weekend Journal

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 07:03 AM PDT


Yet another week passed! The next MMO convention coming up will be ChinaJoy 2011, which begins on 28 July in less than 2 weeks' time. What can we expect? Well, for the biggest announcement I am guessing the announcement for TERA China going to Shanda Games. Other famous titles set to light up the show will be Age of Wulin, Transformers Online and Dungeon Keeper Online. I have had a look at some of the titles which will be revealed for the first time (China developed) and I am really... well, surprised in a strange way. Stay tuned to more info!


There is nothing much to report on a work and personal level, but the next few months will be an exciting and challenging one. I am a workaholic when stuff I like to do is being piled on me (not a sad excuse for being single), so I really look forward to the upcoming busy period! That's all folks, and have an awesome week ahead!

Mabinogi Heroes (CN) - Finally no IP block

Posted: 17 Jul 2011 12:07 AM PDT


So, Mabinogi Heroes (China) went into Open Beta a few days ago and luckily, there is no IP block. Which is of course the opposite of the English server Vindictus, restricted to only players in North America. From what I know, the European English server should be ready by year end, but then again it is hosted by Nexon, thus there should be yet another IP block as well.


The game looks and plays awesome, even though I find the characters' facial expressions a little creepy. Back then, I played Vindictus for a short while using a proxy and there wasn't a jump function. This was only added in Mabinogi Heroes Xtreme Edition, which I suppose the China server is using. Is there a jump feature in Vindictus now?


The China server will also be adding in some oriental flair to the game, which you can see below. Some of the characters are dressed in various eastern armors and garments. I am guessing these will be cash shop costumes when the game goes commercial.


Having been in the industry for over a year now, I got to know some restrictions and concerns when publishing games. For example, bringing Mabinogi Heroes to other regions. There will be talks of profits, how much royalty Nexon will be getting, if Nexon sees the region as a profitable one, is it cost efficient setting up a new team to cater for that region and lots more. Mabinogi Heroes is a good game, but I do hope there will be a server for the Asia Pacific region in the future.


Total Pageviews

statcounter

View My Stats