MMO updates

MMO updates


Lineage II: GoD - Awakening trailer

Posted: 07 Jun 2011 02:45 AM PDT


Apologies for shortening "Goddess of Destruction" into "GoD" as the former is probably too long to fit into the post title. First, a clarification. In my previous post, I stated that Lineage II's first part of the expansion will be called Call of Destiny, which is wrong. Call of Destiny is actually the event name, and Chapter 1 of the GoD expansion is called Awakening instead. NCsoft Korea has released the official trailer for Awakening, which you can see below. Why Awakening? It is actually a new feature for high level players! For more official information about Goddess of Destruction, head on to the official English website. For unofficial and translated information, head on to my other posts!

E3 2011 - Videos Roundup Part 1

Posted: 07 Jun 2011 12:23 AM PDT


So, instead of going all crazy and create a post for each video, I decided to gather all on a daily basis and post them together. Do note that I only upload online games for the PC, not consoles (unless the game is cross-platform of course). It will be hard to find any E3 2011 trailer from the Asian companies as I have a hunch they will be kicking their backsides by being lazy, but I will do my best to dig them out.

First up is the new CG cinematic trailer for EA's Star Wars: The Old Republic. Although the business model is not confirmed, I will be damned if it is totally Free to Play. I am guessing a freemium model with limited F2P content while the P2P users get the full content. I am sure this game doesn't need anymore introduction, so hope on to its official website @ http://www.swtor.com/.


We have here the teaser trailer for Defiance from Trion World, also known as the developer for Rift. Defiance is a joint MMO project by the company and America's SyFy channel. In a rather ambitious move, the game will be a cross-platform one, running on the PC, Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. The game is confirmed to be " the first-ever open-world shooter MMO" although there is no announcement on the viewing mode. The game's official website is @  http://www.defiance.com/en/.


Here are trailers for 2 of UTV Ignition Games' titles, Faxion Online and Sky Legends. I didn't like Faxion Online when I tried it, but you might! The game went into Open Beta not long ago and it is a Free to Play title. Based on a holy war between Heaven and Hell, the game's official website is @ http://www.faxiononline.com/.


Sky Legends look awesome. And while I don't normally post about web/browser-based online games, this looks really astonishing in terms of both graphics and gameplay. It is described as an "online multiplayer flight combat game featuring intuitive flight controls, intense aerial combat, and outstanding graphics". The official game website is @ http://www.skylegends.com/.

E3 2011 - Before the show starts

Posted: 06 Jun 2011 07:33 AM PDT


Today is a really bad day. Well, I mean in terms of MMO news. There is none to be honest and I can't help wondering if the all major Chinese, Korean and Japanese MMO journalists have been sent to Los Angeles to cover E3 2011. While I do know there are many online gaming booths there, but it had been sometime since there was totally no news on a weekday!


Looking at the exhibitor list, there are at least over 20 companies dealing with online games, both Pay to Play and Free to Play. Will any stand out? Or will the consoles once again hog the limelight (especially Wii 2)? E3 2011 will be starting in less than 90 minutes with Microsoft's press conference, I can't wait!

Total Pageviews

statcounter

View My Stats